1.04.2012

(Trip) California State Railroad Museum

I've resisted visiting the California State Railroad Museum for many years. I do not have a fascination with trains like a certain three year old that I know. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. I was swept away by the historical significance of railroads on Californian and American history. The museum has plenty of experienced docents to explain features of the trains and answer questions. My favorite part was touring the sleeping and dining cars; the cars gently rock back and forth as if you were traveling on the train. The second story features a Thomas the Train play area. This area was quite popular with the younger set, but everyone happily shared the six train tables and many trains. We left the museum with the commitment to take a family trip by train. We considered visiting my brother in Oklahoma until we calculated that it would take us 52 hours to arrive! Children five and under FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment